The beautiful coastal town of Kerala, Kovalam has a lot to offer to its guests. Relaxing walk by the beach to refresh the mind, sunbathing, water sports activities and Ayurvedic massages to soothe body and mind. Kovalam is a dream destination for honeymooners and travelers for a short trip.
Kovalam is a quaint little town which is popular for its tranquil beaches. There are plenty of fun things to do in Kovalam beach Kerala. The long stretch of Kovalam beach is divided into three parts - Hawa beach, Lighthouse Beach, and Samudra beach.
Read below the Kovalam tourist places that are a must-visit for every traveler -
- Hawa Beach - This beautiful beach is adorned by coconut and palm trees which looks splendid from a distance. Dotted with the emerald sea, glittering golden sand of the beach and palm-fringed shores, Hawa beach is the second largest beach here. The sunset view from this beach is very famous. People love to do sunbathing and relaxing at the beach.
- Lighthouse Beach - This beach is named after the Vizhinjam Lighthouse that is situated at the top of the Kurumkal hillock. Visit the lighthouse between 9 am to 5 pm, to get a wonderful view of the surrounding area. The beach with the lighthouse looks like a picture postcard. You can also enjoy water sports activities like surfing, paragliding, and parasailing on this beach. Savor your taste buds with tasty seafood dishes at this beach.
- Samudra Beach - A large rocky promontory, separates this beach from the other beaches. This beach is quieter when compared to the other beaches. Spend some lone time at this beach with your beloved. This beach not ideal for sea bathing, hence, avoid doing the same. Enjoy the serenity and natural beauty around this beach.
Kovalam beach sightseeing includes the water sports activities along with the world-class spa sessions at the beach and Ayurveda resorts. You can also click mesmerizing photographs on the tranquil beaches of Kovalam.
Apart from the beaches, there are a few interesting Kovalam sightseeing places that you can visit-
- Vellayini Lake - A popular freshwater lake, Vellayini Lake is located at a distance of 7 km from Kovalam. Visit this place for enjoying the charming landscape of the nearby villages which are situated adjacent to the lake. The national flower of India, Lotus also blooms in this lake and enhances the beauty of the lake. Take a walk along the lake.
- Valiyathura Pier – It is a beautiful place to watch the sunset in Kovalam. Tourists come here for getting a gorgeous glimpse of the sunset in the sea with the accompanying orange sky. This place is a paradise for the shutterbugs. You will love to walk on the 214 meters long pier.
- Kovalam art gallery - A must visit place for art enthusiasts. This gallery houses exquisite paintings and artifacts that speak of the richness of traditional Indian art. It is situated at a convenient distance from the Hawa beach.
We hope you enjoyed reading about Kovalam Kerala tourist places! Think no more! Visit this wonderful sea town in Kerala.